Miller Mania by definition:

My blog's name I thought was very appropriote for my life. Here's the definition for "mania":
1. "excitement manifested by mental and physical hyperactivity, disorganization of behavior, and elevation of mood"
2. "excessive or unreasonable enthusiasm"
Sounds about right, huh?

Monday, July 6, 2009

4th Of July!

Every year we have a party for the 4th of July. I mean, after all...it is my Mom's birthday! I remember growing up having great get-togethers at my Aunt's house every summer for the 4th of July. My Mom even had my cousin believing that the whole reason that people shot off fireworks was to celebrate her birthday. I remember one year us setting the field next to my Aunt's house on fire with the fireworks. Ahhh, the memories.
Anyway, this year was no different. (With the exception of us setting a field on fire.) My brother Tommy, & his wife April, hosted again. We swam & had a giant inflatable water slide/kiddie pool thing for the kids to play in too. We grilled hot dogs & shared side dishes, & sat around and visited. When the sky showed the very first signs of the sun going down we grabbed our lawn chairs & headed down the street to a neighbor's yard to set up camp to watch fireworks. This year we decided to sit a little farther back from where they were lighting them & I'm so glad we did. The canister holding one of them fell over when it started going off & it nearly got us, & we were a couple of houses back! My cute nephew was about hit too. I know it scared him! All I could think to do was cover Lillie up with my arms (she was sitting in my lap) as much as I could in case the sparks came that way. I didn't want her to get burned. One of them went off probably 20 feet from where we sat. Scary!
Aside from that one incident the fireworks were spectacular! Kenny, Tommy, & Tommy's neighbor did a great job of picking stuff out this year. We loved the fireworks show & the girls did too. We had the hardest time getting the girls to come in & get ready to leave when they were done setting off our fireworks because they were busy watching everyone else around the neighborhood set off theirs.
It was lots of fun as it always is. I am very thankful for the country that we live in & all the freedoms that we have. I am also very thankful to all the men & women who serve in our military in order to ensure those freedoms to us.
Keeley on the slide.
Me taking Lillie down the slide. That water spraying us was COLD!

Me & my girls!


K with the birthday girl. AKA Grandma.
The Fam.

2 comments:

Amy Marble said...

Such a fun tradition you have!! I LOVE that picture you going down the slide (where did you guys find that water slide by the way?) - your face is so funny in it - maybe a little nervous??? Great pics - it's fun to see an update!

Scott Boice said...

is that your yard? It looks like you had a wonderful time. We went to Lori's and kayaked and swam in the river. It was fun we also watched Jim Gaffigan do his routine, you guys would laugh, about how he talks about waffle house and other foods, you could do some jokes about pizzzzzzzzzzzaa, this is really from Stacey not Scott

Blog Archive

I Believe in Christ

As I reflect on all that I have been blessed with I am overwhelmed with gratitude & love for the Lord. I have been blessed with a wonderful family. Two girls who are full of love & life. A husband who works so hard to support our family, & still finds the energy to be a fantastic father. A comfortable home with all the necessities of life. I have been blessed to have been born in the USA where I have so many freedoms, including the freedom to worship as I choose. I have been blessed with goodly parents who love the Lord & have always been a steadfast example of faith & following Jesus Christ's example. I have been blessed to know that I am a child of God & can return to live with him someday if I but follow Christ's example & keep the covenants I have made with my Father in Heaven. I know that Jesus Christ came to the earth & was the perfect example of how we should live our lives in order to become more like our Heavenly Father. I know that God loves me, & all who walk the earth, so much that He allowed Christ to suffer for the sins of the world so that we can all repent (as often as is needed) & be cleansed of our sins. I know that Christ died on the cross & was resurrected so that all mankind may be resurrected as well.
I know that the Lord loves us so much that he restored the fullness of his gospel to the earth through a prophet named Joseph Smith. I know that the Lord has given us the Book of Mormon as another testament of Christ or another witness of Christ in addition to the Bible. I have read the Book of Mormon & have prayed to know of the truthfulness of it. I received this confirmation via the Holy Spirit. I know that it is true. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet. I know that the Lord wants to communicate with us & that He does so through a living prophet, Thomas S. Monson.
I know that our God is a loving God & that as our Heavenly Father he wants us to be eternally happy by allowing families to be together forever - not just here on the earth. Isn't that wonderful! He has made this possible through the sacred sealing ordinance. I have been blessed to have been sealed, married, to my eternal companion for time & all eternity, not just until death do us part. What a comfort this is to me! I can have my family with me forever if we obey the Lord's commandments & do His will! What could make heaven better than being with your family?I am so thankful for my knowledge of all of these things. I believe in Christ; I know that my redeemer lives; and I know that I am a child of God & that He loves me.