Miller Mania by definition:

My blog's name I thought was very appropriote for my life. Here's the definition for "mania":
1. "excitement manifested by mental and physical hyperactivity, disorganization of behavior, and elevation of mood"
2. "excessive or unreasonable enthusiasm"
Sounds about right, huh?

Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope that you all had as wonderful of a Thanksgiving as I did. I love getting together with my family & visiting, playing games, & eating lots & lots of food! This year we gathered at Carrie's house in the late morning for a brunch. We had cinnamon rolls, quiche, & sausage balls. My Grandma came back from the store with a game called "Fact or Crap". It was a trivia type game & we played that for quite a while. I managed a short nap when putting Keeley down for hers. Then we played cards for a while until it was time to set the table for dinner. During all of this the guys were out playing. My Dad picked up Paul around 9:30 & they went to Robin's house to shoot guns with Leon (brother-in-law) & a bunch of other people. When they got back they picked up Tommy & Levi (my brother & brother-in-law) & went mudding in their Jeeps. They had a great time & smelled like it too. Back to dinner...Tommy's in-laws were there & Missy brought some yummy contributions! Did I mention that I love the food part of Thanksgiving? Finally it was time to eat & eat we did! We had turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, potato salad, corn, rolls, sweet potatoes, olives, stuffing, etc... It was great! Then came the sitting around & digesting part of the day. More chatting & playing the Wii.
After a suitable amount of time passed the pies were brought out! Apple, pumpkin, chocolate pudding pie, german chocolate something-or-other, oreo pie, & pumpkin cream cheese pie. It was all YUMMY! I know because I tried almost every one of them! I think I only didn't try 2 of them. I know, I know! But it was over a period of a couple of hours. :o)
Then it was back to the game table to play more Fact or Crap which my Mom won...again. Around 10:00 we finally loaded up the van & were headed home!
It was a great day & I enjoyed every minute of it! I hope you did too!

Here are some pics of our Thanksgiving:

Cinnamon rolls that Carrie made.


Dad carving the turkey.

Ham that Missy brought. YUMMM!


Kids are so lucky. They always get to eat first!

After dinner chit chat.


The kids playing after dinner.


Dessert!!


Back to Fact or Crap.

Dad cleaning up the kitchen. What a good guy!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! We missed you guys at our Thanksgiving!

Jess said...

Wow, sounds like a great day! Those cinnamon rolls had my stomach growling!

Amy Marble said...

Looks like quite a yummy feast! The game sounds like a fun one too. You guys are always playing some fun games - I'll have to look for that one!!

Blog Archive

I Believe in Christ

As I reflect on all that I have been blessed with I am overwhelmed with gratitude & love for the Lord. I have been blessed with a wonderful family. Two girls who are full of love & life. A husband who works so hard to support our family, & still finds the energy to be a fantastic father. A comfortable home with all the necessities of life. I have been blessed to have been born in the USA where I have so many freedoms, including the freedom to worship as I choose. I have been blessed with goodly parents who love the Lord & have always been a steadfast example of faith & following Jesus Christ's example. I have been blessed to know that I am a child of God & can return to live with him someday if I but follow Christ's example & keep the covenants I have made with my Father in Heaven. I know that Jesus Christ came to the earth & was the perfect example of how we should live our lives in order to become more like our Heavenly Father. I know that God loves me, & all who walk the earth, so much that He allowed Christ to suffer for the sins of the world so that we can all repent (as often as is needed) & be cleansed of our sins. I know that Christ died on the cross & was resurrected so that all mankind may be resurrected as well.
I know that the Lord loves us so much that he restored the fullness of his gospel to the earth through a prophet named Joseph Smith. I know that the Lord has given us the Book of Mormon as another testament of Christ or another witness of Christ in addition to the Bible. I have read the Book of Mormon & have prayed to know of the truthfulness of it. I received this confirmation via the Holy Spirit. I know that it is true. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet. I know that the Lord wants to communicate with us & that He does so through a living prophet, Thomas S. Monson.
I know that our God is a loving God & that as our Heavenly Father he wants us to be eternally happy by allowing families to be together forever - not just here on the earth. Isn't that wonderful! He has made this possible through the sacred sealing ordinance. I have been blessed to have been sealed, married, to my eternal companion for time & all eternity, not just until death do us part. What a comfort this is to me! I can have my family with me forever if we obey the Lord's commandments & do His will! What could make heaven better than being with your family?I am so thankful for my knowledge of all of these things. I believe in Christ; I know that my redeemer lives; and I know that I am a child of God & that He loves me.