Miller Mania by definition:

My blog's name I thought was very appropriote for my life. Here's the definition for "mania":
1. "excitement manifested by mental and physical hyperactivity, disorganization of behavior, and elevation of mood"
2. "excessive or unreasonable enthusiasm"
Sounds about right, huh?

Friday, November 28, 2008

Out with the old & in with the sorta new.

Over the past month or so Paul has been on a car buying frenzy. At least it seems that way to me. First he sold my XTerra & bought a new motorcycle for himself. Then he bought a piece of junk pickup truck (1988 Nissan) at an auto auction. This was to be his vehicle to drive when the weather is too bad to ride his bike. Turns out the truck has some issues. In the mean time Paul put his old bike up for sale. After only a few days he sold it & was on the prowl for a new "bad weather car". His next move was the purchase of a 1990 Volvo with the money from the sale of the old bike. He really likes it a lot, & it seems to be in good condition. Thank goodness for that! It seems like everytime he drives the truck he finds something else wrong with it! Anyway, he bought that car on Monday. Wednesday he took the Scion up to the Toyota place to have the oil changed & called me to ask if I was interested in trading in the Scion for a Nissan Quest minivan. Long story short....we're now the owners of a 2005 Nissan Quest. It is a very basic model, but I'm happy with it. If we're going to expand our family in the future we're going to need a car that'll seat more people. Now we're prepared for whatever may come. It really was a good deal for us. Our car payment is now cheaper, our insurance should be cheaper, & we have more vehicle room that we've discussed obtaining anyway.
So, out with the old:

And in with the one-year-older-but-new-to-me new:
Now we have that truck, a motorcycle, a volvo, my van, & Wayne's truck in my driveway! I think Paul should get a used car dealer license! He is in the process of fixing a few of the issues the truck has & then he is going to sell it. Hopefully.
I hope that we will not purchase any more vehicles for quite some time now!

6 comments:

Marium said...

wow that is quite the switch around, we need your hook ups! I love my van im sure you will love yours too they are great! John loves his car too but a cheap or no car payment would be nice.

Tiffany said...

How nice to have a van!

Jess said...

Welcome to the dark side! I know you will just love your minivan. So much more convienant. I love that you have more room for more miller babes. Get right on that now. ;)

The Meredith's said...

WhooHoo Mini van momma! You and April have twinkie vans now! I actually miss my van sometimes! They have so much room!

Amy Marble said...

I can totally relate to the car shopping husband! Freeman is sure that we need to trade in our Mazda 6 that we just bought in March. It seems like we've changed vehicles once a year for the past 4 years. It's CRAZY!! I like your new van - that will be nice to have more room!

Amy said...

I'm glad you like the van. I like the Nissan quest's. I would like to have one in the near future my self. Enjoy the new ride.

Amy

Blog Archive

I Believe in Christ

As I reflect on all that I have been blessed with I am overwhelmed with gratitude & love for the Lord. I have been blessed with a wonderful family. Two girls who are full of love & life. A husband who works so hard to support our family, & still finds the energy to be a fantastic father. A comfortable home with all the necessities of life. I have been blessed to have been born in the USA where I have so many freedoms, including the freedom to worship as I choose. I have been blessed with goodly parents who love the Lord & have always been a steadfast example of faith & following Jesus Christ's example. I have been blessed to know that I am a child of God & can return to live with him someday if I but follow Christ's example & keep the covenants I have made with my Father in Heaven. I know that Jesus Christ came to the earth & was the perfect example of how we should live our lives in order to become more like our Heavenly Father. I know that God loves me, & all who walk the earth, so much that He allowed Christ to suffer for the sins of the world so that we can all repent (as often as is needed) & be cleansed of our sins. I know that Christ died on the cross & was resurrected so that all mankind may be resurrected as well.
I know that the Lord loves us so much that he restored the fullness of his gospel to the earth through a prophet named Joseph Smith. I know that the Lord has given us the Book of Mormon as another testament of Christ or another witness of Christ in addition to the Bible. I have read the Book of Mormon & have prayed to know of the truthfulness of it. I received this confirmation via the Holy Spirit. I know that it is true. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet. I know that the Lord wants to communicate with us & that He does so through a living prophet, Thomas S. Monson.
I know that our God is a loving God & that as our Heavenly Father he wants us to be eternally happy by allowing families to be together forever - not just here on the earth. Isn't that wonderful! He has made this possible through the sacred sealing ordinance. I have been blessed to have been sealed, married, to my eternal companion for time & all eternity, not just until death do us part. What a comfort this is to me! I can have my family with me forever if we obey the Lord's commandments & do His will! What could make heaven better than being with your family?I am so thankful for my knowledge of all of these things. I believe in Christ; I know that my redeemer lives; and I know that I am a child of God & that He loves me.