Last night I was invited to go to a Bentonville High School girls volleyball game & be honored as Jamie Haworth's favorite teacher. This is a kid that I taught & coached when she was in 8th grade. She is a GREAT kid & I really would adopt her if I could. She invited me to come last year too. When I told her how sweet it was of her to have me come for 2 years her respose was "Coach Miller, it's not like my favorite teacher is going to change over the course of one year!" Isn't she sweet?! I told her "Well, it changed from your 7th grade year to your 8th grade year."
I guess I'm better at brainwashing my students than I thought!
Anyway, it was a great reminder of why the teaching profession can be so rewarding. I do miss teaching & coaching, but being at home with my girls is far more important to me.
The girls had a good time running around at the game. They went up & down the stairs, played on the seats, & even cheered on the girls by yelling "Go team, go!" It was really cute. Keeley even sat up on the railing like she was a big kid. I just can't believe how big she is getting.
This is Keeley sitting on the rail next to a kid she'd been playing with.
She was so funny because she kept looking back at me to make sure it was ok that she was sitting there. And when she's turn around to look at me she had the BIGGEST smile on her face!
Here is Lillie yelling "Go team go!"


No comments:
Post a Comment