I have been thinking a lot lately about the men & women in our military. Now, I have always been a patriotic, America-loving, military-respector. I have always thanked the Lord in my prayers for the men & women willing to fight and die for my freedoms & for freedom throughout the world. I love our veterans. I want to shake all of their hands & tell them "Thank you for your service to our country & for me."
On Wednesday a good friend since 7th grade called me & told me that her cousin, Kyle Wilks, was killed in Afghanistan. He was a Marine. I thanked his mother in a card for her, & Kyle's, sacrifice for my freedoms. I know this happens every day. A soldier's family notified of his ultimate sacrifice. I wish I could do something to show all the people in the military how much I appreciate what they do for me & my family. For now, all I can do is express my feelings of gratitude to the Lord & hug my friend.
Thank you Kyle. Semper Fi. 


4 comments:
Amen, to everything you said. I will remember them in my prayers.
Amy
Yes, we keep our soldiers in our prayers also. They do so much for us, sacrificing their lives, time, family, and more for our freedom. We also have some friends serving in Iraq.
Thanks for the post - it's a good reminder that our freedoms aren't "free". We'll remember them in our prayers also!
Amy M.
It is MEN like Kyle that make it possible for all of us to enjoy the freedoms that we do. May God bless Kyle's family and all of the other men and women who serve so bravely to protect those freedoms.
Jodie's Dad
Post a Comment