Miller Mania by definition:

My blog's name I thought was very appropriote for my life. Here's the definition for "mania":
1. "excitement manifested by mental and physical hyperactivity, disorganization of behavior, and elevation of mood"
2. "excessive or unreasonable enthusiasm"
Sounds about right, huh?

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Getting to Know Me

Welcome to the 2008 edition of getting to know your Friends. Change all the answers so they apply to you, and then post them on your blog! The theory is that you will learn a lot of little things about your friends that you might not have known!

1. What time did you get up this morning? 7:50
2.. Diamonds or pearls? I really like both
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? The 5th Harry Potter movie
4. What is your favorite TV show? NCIS, Monk, I really like the "who done it?" type shows, America's Funniest Videos (that one really cracks me up)
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Oatmeal, cereal, bagels
6. What food do you dislike? mushrooms, coconut
7. What is your favorite CD at moment? I don't listen to much music, but the kids & I danced to Johnny Cash the other day.
8. What kind of car do you drive? Nissan XTerra
9. Favorite sandwich? Egg & olive salad, or a warm turkey club.
10. What characteristic do you despise? Being deceitful (I HATE being lied to)
11. Favorite item of clothing? sweat pants or jeans
12. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Hawaii or Italy
13. Favorite brand of clothing? Gap or Old Navy mostly
14. Where would you retire to? I'm perfectly happy right here around all of my family.
15. What was your most memorable birthday? My 16th. My parents had a suprise party for me. It was GREAT!
16. Favorite sport to watch? College basketball, any football
17. Person you expect to answer these questions first? Don't know
18. When is your birthday? Sept 27
19. Are you a morning person or a night person? Once I'm up I do well in the morning. I usually need a nap by the afternoon & am ready to go to bed with my kids but rarely get to.
20. What is your shoe size? 10 1/2
21. Pets? No thank you
22. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us? We're going on our first cruise to Mexico in October with all but one of my siblings & my parents. Should be a lot of fun! We're very excited!!
23. What did you want to be when you were little? I don't know about when I was little - I probably wanted to be in the army or something (Kenny & I played army all the time. I was VERY much a tom-boy). When I was a little older I wanted to be a coach.
24. How are you today? Doing fine!
25. Favorite Holiday? Christmas
26. What is your favorite flower? Roses before they are fully opened or a Daisy
27. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? February 23. We're having a princess birthday party for Keeley. She is SO excited that it is hard to not be excited about watching her enjoy the actual party.
28. What is your full name? Jodie Elizabeth Lowden Miller (Queen of the Universe)
29. What are you listening to right now? The soft hum of my computer, & my kids in the family room playing.
30. What was the last thing you ate? A tuna sandwich & cheesy puffs
31. Do you wish on stars? Not really
32. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Orange
33. How is the weather right now? Chilly & rainy
34. Who's the last one you spoke on the phone to? My Mama
35. Favorite soft drink? I really enjoy a cold, frothy root beer
36. Favorite restaurant? I don't really have a favorite - Maria's, Smokin Joe's, Johnny Carino's - I don't know.
37. Hair color? Dirty blonde (I do so long for my pretty blonde though)
38. What was your favorite toy as a child? Probably my BB Gun! HA!! I can't think of any toys off hand. Oh, oddly enough, I really liked playing with my Barbies.
39. Summer or winter? Summer! I dislike being cold. I blame it on my Florida-born blood.
40. Hugs or kisses? Are we talking chocolate here? Just kiddin! Pucker up!
41. Chocolate or Vanilla? chocolate and chocolate - I'm with Carrie on this one!
42. Coffee or tea? No thank you
43. Do you want your friends to email you back? Of Course!
44. When was the last time you cried? I don't know. Maybe watching a movie or something.
45. What is under your bed? Ummm...I think a container with blankets in it.
46. What did you do last night? Carrie & Levi came over & we played the Wii! It was great fun!
47. What are you afraid of? Something happening to my family, I'm a little claustrophobic, & I'm very afraid of heights.
48. Salty or sweet? Both
49. How many keys on your key ring? 6 - House, car, 3 church, & one that I can't remember!
50. How many years at your current job? 7 as a teacher/coach but only 8 & 1/2 months at being a full time Mama!
51. Favorite day of the week? Saturdays because Paul is usually not working the whole day & Sundays because we get to spend the whole day together as a family.
52. How many towns have you lived in? Ft. Lauderdale, FL; El Dorado, AR; Clarksville, TN; Waycross, GA; Douglas, GA; Clinton, SC; Rogers, AR; Neosho, MO; Rome, GA; Cartersville, GA; and finally back to Rogers! Sheesh! That's a lot & I'm only 32 years old!

5 comments:

Carrie "Pie" said...

THat was fun! I knew you'd be first to respond. Way to go! -Carrie

Jodie said...

Well, there was a little pressure with you having named me as the expected first responder! :o)

Carrie "Pie" said...

I'm just good,that's all.

Anonymous said...

I loved learning new little tidbits about you. But I thought I was Queen of the Universe!

Kelly said...

Hi Jodie! I found your blog through Carrie's. Its fun to read about whats going on with you and your cute family. Your girls are adorable!
Kelly Gorden Tompkins

Blog Archive

I Believe in Christ

As I reflect on all that I have been blessed with I am overwhelmed with gratitude & love for the Lord. I have been blessed with a wonderful family. Two girls who are full of love & life. A husband who works so hard to support our family, & still finds the energy to be a fantastic father. A comfortable home with all the necessities of life. I have been blessed to have been born in the USA where I have so many freedoms, including the freedom to worship as I choose. I have been blessed with goodly parents who love the Lord & have always been a steadfast example of faith & following Jesus Christ's example. I have been blessed to know that I am a child of God & can return to live with him someday if I but follow Christ's example & keep the covenants I have made with my Father in Heaven. I know that Jesus Christ came to the earth & was the perfect example of how we should live our lives in order to become more like our Heavenly Father. I know that God loves me, & all who walk the earth, so much that He allowed Christ to suffer for the sins of the world so that we can all repent (as often as is needed) & be cleansed of our sins. I know that Christ died on the cross & was resurrected so that all mankind may be resurrected as well.
I know that the Lord loves us so much that he restored the fullness of his gospel to the earth through a prophet named Joseph Smith. I know that the Lord has given us the Book of Mormon as another testament of Christ or another witness of Christ in addition to the Bible. I have read the Book of Mormon & have prayed to know of the truthfulness of it. I received this confirmation via the Holy Spirit. I know that it is true. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet. I know that the Lord wants to communicate with us & that He does so through a living prophet, Thomas S. Monson.
I know that our God is a loving God & that as our Heavenly Father he wants us to be eternally happy by allowing families to be together forever - not just here on the earth. Isn't that wonderful! He has made this possible through the sacred sealing ordinance. I have been blessed to have been sealed, married, to my eternal companion for time & all eternity, not just until death do us part. What a comfort this is to me! I can have my family with me forever if we obey the Lord's commandments & do His will! What could make heaven better than being with your family?I am so thankful for my knowledge of all of these things. I believe in Christ; I know that my redeemer lives; and I know that I am a child of God & that He loves me.