Miller Mania by definition:

My blog's name I thought was very appropriote for my life. Here's the definition for "mania":
1. "excitement manifested by mental and physical hyperactivity, disorganization of behavior, and elevation of mood"
2. "excessive or unreasonable enthusiasm"
Sounds about right, huh?

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Day!

Well, we were all apparently on the "Good List" this year. Our Christmas was wonderful and white! It snowed a couple of inches! I love spending time with family & we are so blessed to be able to have Paul home from basic training to spend Christmas with us.
The girls actually slept in until a little after 8, which was nice for us since we didn't get to bed until late. Once the big girls were awake we went out & opened our stockings (after Paul started a fire in the fire place). Then we let the girls get their Santa gifts. They were so excited! Keeley has been asking for a telescope for months & months! We found an age appropriate one very inexpensively so she was ecstatic! Lillie got binoculars & was very happy too. Paul & I got a duel screen DVD player for the car from Santa. Isn't Santa great?! :o)
After they played with those for a while we got dressed & had breakfast. Paul made some yummy breakfast burritos & we had banana bread & fruit. It was very nice. Once that was cleared off the girls were ready to open presents. We headed to the living room & dug in! The girls got some nice things from Paul's parents. They got a play dough Hamburger factory, and little camo scripture cases with their own scriptures inside. They have been carrying those around ever since they opened them! Abbie got a little glow worm that plays good night songs. She really likes it! Been chewing on its antenna & staring at it when its face lights up. They also sent us towels that match our guest bathroom & the genius edition of Trivial Pursuit. (Come over New Year's Eve if you're feeling like a genius!)
Uncle Wayne got the girls each a Princess Barbie doll. They've been playing with those quite a bit too. He also got a stuffed pig for Abbie, which she smiled at as we opened it. Wayne got me a new crock pot cook book & gave Paul cash that he can spend at the PX on base.
Wayne made out pretty well too. We gave him a scarf, hat thingy that can be worn 4 different ways; a Wii remote control with a steering wheel; & a thing to wash his truck (the girls helped pick that for him). Plus his stocking full of goodies!
My mom made a Puppet Theater for the girls. It is really cute. She also gave them a bag full of materials to make sock puppets.
The girls also got some books, movies, & lots of ballet stuff from me & Paul. They've really been wanting to take ballet lessons, but that just isn't in the budget. So, I found this Bella Dancerella stuff that comes with a DVD that teaches various moves, ballet bar, & a mat that shows where their feet should be in different positions. Keeley was SO cute with that. She loved it! She put on one of her outfits & put the DVD in & danced away with it!! I'm glad that she liked it so much. I'm going to see about finding more of the DVDs so she can learn more dances.
After opening all of our presents we watched some of the new movies, took naps, played out in the snow, ate our goodies, & just enjoyed each other's company.
What a wonderful, fun Christmas day!














2 comments:

Amy Marble said...

Glad you got to have a white Christmas! Looks like a great day. Christmas is seriously the best with kids around! It's so fun to see new updates - glad that your blog is alive and well!!

Scott Boice said...

man you were good last year, loved the pictures, the miller boys look very good, you are taking good care of them

Blog Archive

I Believe in Christ

As I reflect on all that I have been blessed with I am overwhelmed with gratitude & love for the Lord. I have been blessed with a wonderful family. Two girls who are full of love & life. A husband who works so hard to support our family, & still finds the energy to be a fantastic father. A comfortable home with all the necessities of life. I have been blessed to have been born in the USA where I have so many freedoms, including the freedom to worship as I choose. I have been blessed with goodly parents who love the Lord & have always been a steadfast example of faith & following Jesus Christ's example. I have been blessed to know that I am a child of God & can return to live with him someday if I but follow Christ's example & keep the covenants I have made with my Father in Heaven. I know that Jesus Christ came to the earth & was the perfect example of how we should live our lives in order to become more like our Heavenly Father. I know that God loves me, & all who walk the earth, so much that He allowed Christ to suffer for the sins of the world so that we can all repent (as often as is needed) & be cleansed of our sins. I know that Christ died on the cross & was resurrected so that all mankind may be resurrected as well.
I know that the Lord loves us so much that he restored the fullness of his gospel to the earth through a prophet named Joseph Smith. I know that the Lord has given us the Book of Mormon as another testament of Christ or another witness of Christ in addition to the Bible. I have read the Book of Mormon & have prayed to know of the truthfulness of it. I received this confirmation via the Holy Spirit. I know that it is true. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet. I know that the Lord wants to communicate with us & that He does so through a living prophet, Thomas S. Monson.
I know that our God is a loving God & that as our Heavenly Father he wants us to be eternally happy by allowing families to be together forever - not just here on the earth. Isn't that wonderful! He has made this possible through the sacred sealing ordinance. I have been blessed to have been sealed, married, to my eternal companion for time & all eternity, not just until death do us part. What a comfort this is to me! I can have my family with me forever if we obey the Lord's commandments & do His will! What could make heaven better than being with your family?I am so thankful for my knowledge of all of these things. I believe in Christ; I know that my redeemer lives; and I know that I am a child of God & that He loves me.