
The time for Paul's departure to Basic Training is getting so close! He leaves on November 3rd...only 2 & 1/2 weeks away!! I'm filled with lots of different emotions. Pride, fear, excitement, nervousness.... I could go on, but you get the point.
We're in the process of gathering the things that Paul needs to take with him. I've also taken over paying the bills this month so I could be familiar with everything before he leaves.
I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to explain to the girls about Daddy being gone for so long. I still have a little time to think on that I suppose. It won't be too bad since he'll get to come home at Christmas. He'll be gone about 6 & 1/2 weeks, be home for about 2, & then we'll go see him 6 weeks later when he graduates from Basic. Then the long stretch begins. He'll be at Ft. Gordon in Georgia until June 28th. I'm going to try to go see him at least once during that time though.
I'll try to keep this more updated while he is gone. I need to do a better job anyway. I don't know why having a kid makes everything so crazy!


2 comments:
You guys are awesome to be sacrificing family time for Paul to serve our country!! Wish we lived closer so that I could help you out while he's away. Or maybe we could go hang out in the patio swing at K-Mart while our hubbies are gone. Do you remember doing that in Cartersville? Good times & many fun memories! Love ya!
YES I remember hanging out in K-Mart! That was so fun. I too wish you lived closer. :o(
Post a Comment