He is staying on his seizure medication for another month or so & then they will go back to Children's Hospital for another EEG to check things out. At some point in the next 6 months they'll go back for another MRI as well. He has been awake a lot more & is in his own room now where Tommy & April can stay with him all night.
One of April's best friends has headed up a fundraising effort for them. She set up a bank account & then had a garage sale. So many people donated items to sell at the sale! Wal Mart vendors & Roark donated lots of things. They sold file cabinets, a printer, a scanner, Wii accessories, a dishwasher, keyboards, a couple of nice leather bar chairs, car seats, & the list goes on. Oh, someone also donated several new flat screen tvs to sell on Saturday! I am in awe of the generosity of so many people. I wish that there was a TV news station that only reported the good, generous, wonderful things that people do for others. I think it would make a great difference in the world if people could see that there are still good people out there doing such wonderful things for others on a daily basis. Thank you to everyone who has prayed for my sweet nephew & our family! And thank you to everyone who donated money or time to help my brother pay their expenses!




1 comment:
I agree a good news reporting news station would be a nice change. How nice that so many people have been so willing to help your brother out. There are great people still out there!! I'm glad to hear he's coming home.
Post a Comment