Miller Mania by definition:

My blog's name I thought was very appropriote for my life. Here's the definition for "mania":
1. "excitement manifested by mental and physical hyperactivity, disorganization of behavior, and elevation of mood"
2. "excessive or unreasonable enthusiasm"
Sounds about right, huh?

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Abigail Laine Miller

Abbie arrived on August 14, at 5:56pm. She weighed 8 lbs 2 oz & was 21 inches long.
I was induced since Dr. Johnson is out of the office next week (my due date is on Tuesday the 18th). Since we've paid him all this money I wanted him to do the actual delivery. :o)
We got to the hospital at 9:00am. Carrie came with us & Robin walked in the room as I finished changing into my gown. Mom got there a little while later. Robin got me all signed in & Lisa (nurse) got my IV going. Kerri (my nurse) got me all hooked up to the monitors. As soon as I'd gotten one bag of fluids they called the anesthesiologist so I could get my epidural. Robin went ahead & started my PIT while we waited for my epidural. The anesthesiologist got there & did his thing & all went well. My right leg was WAY more numb than my left. I couldn't move my leg at all! With my other epidurals I've at least been able to pull my leg into a different position, but not this time! My left leg was only numb part way down, but I couldn't feel any pain so all was well!
At that point I was still only dilated to a 2 & 50% or so effaced.
Mom brought the movie Mama Mia & we watched that twice. Maggie, April, Dad, & Danielle all came up at varying times & stayed until Abbie was born. (When Dad got there he came in with a big bag of dark chocolate M&Ms. That was mean. I was hungry & everyone was eating the M&Ms! They did save me some & I got to eat them right after I had Abbie.) Deanne & Aimee came to see me too, but had to leave. Dad stayed in the room (up by my head) while I delivered Abbie. He was so excited to be there for her birth. I'm glad he decided to stay. He's been there for Lincoln's birth & now Abbie's.
Dr. Johnson got there around 1 to break my water. At that point I think I was still only at a 4 or 5. Robin & Kerri kept turning up my PIT trying to get me to dilate. I think by the end it was at about 24.
Finally around 5:15 or so I was dilated to an 8 so they called Dr. J & I was pushing by 5:46.
Abbie looks so much like Lillie did in her newborn pics! We'll see who they look like as time progresses I suppose.
Carrie went & got the girls from Donnette's house & brought them up to see Abbie. They LOVE her! I think Lillie might smother her in kisses before it is all said & done! Keeley is like a little Mama & loves to hold Abbie & sing to her. It is very sweet.
We are so thankful to have our healthy, sweet little girl straight from Heaven!


My last prego pic!

Getting my epidural.

Robin decorating my socks for Dr. Johnson. We've done this with each of the girls.

Here she is!

First time to hold my baby.

Aunt Robin cleaning, weighing, measuring, etc Abbie.

Daddy taking a closer look.

Mama, Abbie, & Daddy.

Finally! Some M&Ms!! YUMMMY!

First family picture.

In her cute onsie.

My friend Aimee got this shirt for Paul. :o)

Before heading home on Saturday.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

So cute! I love it. She looks like the other girls, but also different at the same time. I know that didn't make any sense, but hopefully you get what I mean. I see a bit of Paul in each of your kids.

Amy Marble said...

I love that you decorate socks - that is the best idea ever. Where did you come up with it?

Abbie so adorable - those first pictures of you and her and Paul are so sweet. How are you adjusting to life with three little girls?

By the way - I'm glad that they saved you some M & M's - I'd say you deserved a whole bag of your own!

Blog Archive

I Believe in Christ

As I reflect on all that I have been blessed with I am overwhelmed with gratitude & love for the Lord. I have been blessed with a wonderful family. Two girls who are full of love & life. A husband who works so hard to support our family, & still finds the energy to be a fantastic father. A comfortable home with all the necessities of life. I have been blessed to have been born in the USA where I have so many freedoms, including the freedom to worship as I choose. I have been blessed with goodly parents who love the Lord & have always been a steadfast example of faith & following Jesus Christ's example. I have been blessed to know that I am a child of God & can return to live with him someday if I but follow Christ's example & keep the covenants I have made with my Father in Heaven. I know that Jesus Christ came to the earth & was the perfect example of how we should live our lives in order to become more like our Heavenly Father. I know that God loves me, & all who walk the earth, so much that He allowed Christ to suffer for the sins of the world so that we can all repent (as often as is needed) & be cleansed of our sins. I know that Christ died on the cross & was resurrected so that all mankind may be resurrected as well.
I know that the Lord loves us so much that he restored the fullness of his gospel to the earth through a prophet named Joseph Smith. I know that the Lord has given us the Book of Mormon as another testament of Christ or another witness of Christ in addition to the Bible. I have read the Book of Mormon & have prayed to know of the truthfulness of it. I received this confirmation via the Holy Spirit. I know that it is true. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet. I know that the Lord wants to communicate with us & that He does so through a living prophet, Thomas S. Monson.
I know that our God is a loving God & that as our Heavenly Father he wants us to be eternally happy by allowing families to be together forever - not just here on the earth. Isn't that wonderful! He has made this possible through the sacred sealing ordinance. I have been blessed to have been sealed, married, to my eternal companion for time & all eternity, not just until death do us part. What a comfort this is to me! I can have my family with me forever if we obey the Lord's commandments & do His will! What could make heaven better than being with your family?I am so thankful for my knowledge of all of these things. I believe in Christ; I know that my redeemer lives; and I know that I am a child of God & that He loves me.