Our trip to Georgia was lots of fun. I went because I went to a basketball reunion at the college I attended. We left Rogers last Friday morning. Fortunately my Grandma & Mom went with me as far as Huntsville, Alabama. Grandma & I picked up Mom on the east side of Little Rock & then Mom drove the rest of the way to Huntsville. I was able to sit in the back & take care of the girls. Speaking of which...those girls did SO WELL! I mean we had a few spats of crying but for sitting in the car for as many hours as they did (it was about 11 or so hours there), they were very well behaved. So my Aunt met us in Huntsville & picked up Mom & Grandma & I was on my own to Georgia. We stayed with Paul's Grandparents & enjoyed every minute of that.
Saturday we went to Rome for the reunion & that was fun. I really enjoyed seeing most of the girls I played ball with at Shorter. It was weird to watch everyone being Mamas. I suppose because when I think of memories of my friends we were all dumb college kids. Now we're all grown up & have kids.
Sunday we went to church & then came home for naps. That night all of Paul's family came over for Family Home Evening. It was GREAT getting to see everyone! I especially enjoyed getting to catch up with Diana, Patrick, & Joycelyn. Keeley & Lillie had a blast running around with their Georgia cousins. I also very much enjoyed catching up with all of Paul's Aunts & Uncles & cousins. So much fun!
Monday I had lunch with my dear friend Paula Sidlow & her daughter Christina. I love & miss my friend & had a great time visiting with her & Chris. After lunch I went with Paula & Chris to visit another friend, Inge. She is an older lady that we went to church with there. I hadn't seen her in several years so I very much enjoyed getting to see her. I love going to her house. It is always so peaceful & cozy. Inge is from Germany & used to tell me stories about growing up during the War, her immigration to the states, joining the church, being a model! She is facinating to visit with! Anyway, I enjoyed that visit too.
That night I made pizza for dinner, which turned out yummy! I did some laundry & packed our stuff back up too.
Tuesday morning we headed to Tennessee to my Aunt's house. Unfortunately I forgot to give Keeley her car sick medicine. Yep. You guessed it. About 50 minutes from my Aunt's house Keeley got sick. Fortunately I pulled over at a fireworks store, but just as we were walking in front of the entrance door she blew. Poor kid. I felt really bad for her. I also felt bad having to go into the store & tell them that my kid just puked in front of their entrance. At least it was outside on the sidewalk & not in the store on the carpet! SO, I gave Keeley her medicine & we walked around for a little bit to let her tummy settle. Once we got to my Aunt's house we sat around cracking pecans that Mom & Aunt Coleen had gathered up. We ate, visited, ate, visited, visited, watched NCIS, visited, & finally went to bed.
Wednesday we had breakfast & then headed to AR. Mom drove the whole way & I was again able to take care of the girls. What a big help that was! We went to El Dorado to spend some time with Grandma & Grandpa. We were slated to come home on Friday, but ended up coming back Thursday afternoon. That's a long story & this is already long enough. We got home at about 10 pm Thursday night.
Sadly I failed on my photo taking. I had left my camera in the van at the reunion so I am at the mercy of my friends for pictures. Hopefully someone will email me a few. I did take lots of pictures at Family Home Evening. I took none at my Aunt's house & none (maybe one or two) at my parents' house. No pictures in the car either. I usually have one hand attached to a camera when I go anywhere or do anything.
Yesterday I went to upload my pictures, but can't find my card reader. Sheesh! Hopefully that'll turn up soon.
That's my trip to Georgia (and Tennessee and El Dorado)!
Miller Mania by definition:
My blog's name I thought was very appropriote for my life. Here's the definition for "mania":
1. "excitement manifested by mental and physical hyperactivity, disorganization of behavior, and elevation of mood"
2. "excessive or unreasonable enthusiasm"
Sounds about right, huh?
1. "excitement manifested by mental and physical hyperactivity, disorganization of behavior, and elevation of mood"
2. "excessive or unreasonable enthusiasm"
Sounds about right, huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
I Believe in Christ
As I reflect on all that I have been blessed with I am overwhelmed with gratitude & love for the Lord. I have been blessed with a wonderful family. Two girls who are full of love & life. A husband who works so hard to support our family, & still finds the energy to be a fantastic father. A comfortable home with all the necessities of life. I have been blessed to have been born in the USA where I have so many freedoms, including the freedom to worship as I choose. I have been blessed with goodly parents who love the Lord & have always been a steadfast example of faith & following Jesus Christ's example. I have been blessed to know that I am a child of God & can return to live with him someday if I but follow Christ's example & keep the covenants I have made with my Father in Heaven. I know that Jesus Christ came to the earth & was the perfect example of how we should live our lives in order to become more like our Heavenly Father. I know that God loves me, & all who walk the earth, so much that He allowed Christ to suffer for the sins of the world so that we can all repent (as often as is needed) & be cleansed of our sins. I know that Christ died on the cross & was resurrected so that all mankind may be resurrected as well.
I know that the Lord loves us so much that he restored the fullness of his gospel to the earth through a prophet named Joseph Smith. I know that the Lord has given us the Book of Mormon as another testament of Christ or another witness of Christ in addition to the Bible. I have read the Book of Mormon & have prayed to know of the truthfulness of it. I received this confirmation via the Holy Spirit. I know that it is true. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet. I know that the Lord wants to communicate with us & that He does so through a living prophet, Thomas S. Monson.
I know that our God is a loving God & that as our Heavenly Father he wants us to be eternally happy by allowing families to be together forever - not just here on the earth. Isn't that wonderful! He has made this possible through the sacred sealing ordinance. I have been blessed to have been sealed, married, to my eternal companion for time & all eternity, not just until death do us part. What a comfort this is to me! I can have my family with me forever if we obey the Lord's commandments & do His will! What could make heaven better than being with your family?I am so thankful for my knowledge of all of these things. I believe in Christ; I know that my redeemer lives; and I know that I am a child of God & that He loves me.
I know that the Lord loves us so much that he restored the fullness of his gospel to the earth through a prophet named Joseph Smith. I know that the Lord has given us the Book of Mormon as another testament of Christ or another witness of Christ in addition to the Bible. I have read the Book of Mormon & have prayed to know of the truthfulness of it. I received this confirmation via the Holy Spirit. I know that it is true. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet. I know that the Lord wants to communicate with us & that He does so through a living prophet, Thomas S. Monson.
I know that our God is a loving God & that as our Heavenly Father he wants us to be eternally happy by allowing families to be together forever - not just here on the earth. Isn't that wonderful! He has made this possible through the sacred sealing ordinance. I have been blessed to have been sealed, married, to my eternal companion for time & all eternity, not just until death do us part. What a comfort this is to me! I can have my family with me forever if we obey the Lord's commandments & do His will! What could make heaven better than being with your family?I am so thankful for my knowledge of all of these things. I believe in Christ; I know that my redeemer lives; and I know that I am a child of God & that He loves me.


2 comments:
Sounds like you had a great trip! That's so nice that your girls are such good travelers! We've decided that Jax is a good traveler and Carson still needs lots of work in that department...
Sorry we didn't get to see you while you were here!
Post a Comment