Miller Mania by definition:

My blog's name I thought was very appropriote for my life. Here's the definition for "mania":
1. "excitement manifested by mental and physical hyperactivity, disorganization of behavior, and elevation of mood"
2. "excessive or unreasonable enthusiasm"
Sounds about right, huh?

Monday, November 10, 2008

Halloween

So, it has taken me a while to get this post on here. Nevertheless, the girls had a blast on Halloween. Keeley was Princess Ariel from the Little Mermaid & Lillie was a unicorn. Actually, Keeley was Sleeping Beauty Thursday night when we went to the church for our ward party. Anyway, Thursday night we went to the church & the girls got to trick or treat around the building to various rooms. I think they might have been a little overwhelmed with all the kids there. Keeley said "I have enough candy Mama. I'm done." When have you ever heard those words before from a 3 year old?!
Friday morning we went to Keeley's friend's house (Leah Gibby) for a Halloween Tea Party. They played games & made a little craft & ate witch shaped cheese toast & had green witch's brew as their tea. They finished it off with a cupcake. Of course Keeley had a blast. She LOVES tea parties. Thanks again Gibbys for invitinig her!
On our way home from the Gibby's house I took the girls to the studio (Legacy House Photography, for those of you who don't know that my family owns it) & got their Halloween pictures taken. Keeley did GREAT & her pics turned out wonderfully. Lillie on the other hand ended up sitting on my leg with me leaning as far out of the picture as I could lean! And there was no way we could get one with both girls. I was bummed about that but at least I got one of each of them.
Friday evening we went to Carrie's house for a little party for the kids. The Gibbys came, & Bentley came too. Carrie had games for them to play & then we ate dinner. It was mummy wrapped dogs (hot dogs wrapped in cressent rolls) & dinner in a pumpkin that Aimee brought.
Then we hit the road with all 9 kids & went trick or treating. They had a great time. Lillie caught on really fast & was excited to go up to each house & say "Trick or Treat" & hold her bucket up. It was so cute! Keeley did great too. She was a little afraid of some of the decorations that we came upon though. I'm not sure Lillie knew what to think so she just kept going to the front door!
It was the first time we've taken the girls door to door & we had a good time. Over all this was a great Halloween week!!

The girls before going to the church.

Princess Keeley & her Knight in shining armor!


Keeley at her tea party.
Playing a game at Auntie's party.

The kids just prior to our releasing them into the night!
Lillie practically pulling Daddy to the next house.

3 comments:

Amy Marble said...

Cute kids - love their costumes. Looks like Halloween was a success for you guys. You'll have to post the pictures from the studio - I bet they're cute. We're doing family pictures in a week - cross your fingers the kiddos will cooperate!

Tiffany said...

How cute! Makenzie would love to have dressed up as Ariel. She loves her!

Carrie "Pie" said...

It was fun, wasn't it?

Blog Archive

I Believe in Christ

As I reflect on all that I have been blessed with I am overwhelmed with gratitude & love for the Lord. I have been blessed with a wonderful family. Two girls who are full of love & life. A husband who works so hard to support our family, & still finds the energy to be a fantastic father. A comfortable home with all the necessities of life. I have been blessed to have been born in the USA where I have so many freedoms, including the freedom to worship as I choose. I have been blessed with goodly parents who love the Lord & have always been a steadfast example of faith & following Jesus Christ's example. I have been blessed to know that I am a child of God & can return to live with him someday if I but follow Christ's example & keep the covenants I have made with my Father in Heaven. I know that Jesus Christ came to the earth & was the perfect example of how we should live our lives in order to become more like our Heavenly Father. I know that God loves me, & all who walk the earth, so much that He allowed Christ to suffer for the sins of the world so that we can all repent (as often as is needed) & be cleansed of our sins. I know that Christ died on the cross & was resurrected so that all mankind may be resurrected as well.
I know that the Lord loves us so much that he restored the fullness of his gospel to the earth through a prophet named Joseph Smith. I know that the Lord has given us the Book of Mormon as another testament of Christ or another witness of Christ in addition to the Bible. I have read the Book of Mormon & have prayed to know of the truthfulness of it. I received this confirmation via the Holy Spirit. I know that it is true. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet. I know that the Lord wants to communicate with us & that He does so through a living prophet, Thomas S. Monson.
I know that our God is a loving God & that as our Heavenly Father he wants us to be eternally happy by allowing families to be together forever - not just here on the earth. Isn't that wonderful! He has made this possible through the sacred sealing ordinance. I have been blessed to have been sealed, married, to my eternal companion for time & all eternity, not just until death do us part. What a comfort this is to me! I can have my family with me forever if we obey the Lord's commandments & do His will! What could make heaven better than being with your family?I am so thankful for my knowledge of all of these things. I believe in Christ; I know that my redeemer lives; and I know that I am a child of God & that He loves me.