For those of you who are unaware, twice a year in our church we are blessed to be able to hear from the Prophet & the apostles & other general authorities of the church. There are 5 sessions, 3 on Saturday & 2 on Sunday. It is always a wonderfully uplifting weekend! We are able to watch conference on the BYU TV station on the Dish. Carrie & her family came over to watch it on both Saturday & Sunday since they don't get the BYU channel. We had snacky stuff & lunch & dinner together on both days.
The kids played fairly well most of the time. On Sunday Carrie (being the creative genius that she is) came up with a "Reverent Tent" for Lincoln & Keeley. Carrie created a "tent" for them in the family room with us & then we gave them a couple of old church magazines, scissors, a glue stick, construction paper, crayons, & a couple of coloring pages. Lincoln stayed in there for a few minutes & then was off to play with the toys. Keeley on the other hand loved it! I haven't really let her use the scissors on her own before & she had a blast!
Overall it was a great weekend! I always look forward to conference weekend & hearing from the Lord's prophet on the earth today!
Here are some pics of the "Reverent Tent":



2 comments:
LOVE the "reverent tent" idea. I'm going to remember that for next conference. Jackson had a conference packet to color - poor President Monson ended up with a green face!! Glad you had a nice weekend - we did too. Too bad they don't last longer...
Yes it was a fun weekend! Thanks Jodie for letting us hang around all weekend!
I can't take credit for the reverent tent idea. I was reading stories from the "Friend" to the kids between sessions and they had the idea in there. I thought it was a good one!
Post a Comment