Miller Mania by definition:

My blog's name I thought was very appropriote for my life. Here's the definition for "mania":
1. "excitement manifested by mental and physical hyperactivity, disorganization of behavior, and elevation of mood"
2. "excessive or unreasonable enthusiasm"
Sounds about right, huh?

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Update on my Owie

My sister the nurse, Robin, came over on Monday & looked at my finger & said "I'd put a splint on that, just to protect it." So, we got a splint & honestly, it really has helped protect it. Changing Lillie's diaper is much safer now.
Anyway, I wore my splint faithfully yesterday until after I took the girls for a walk after dinner. I took it off & thought, "Ya know, this is feeling a little better & the swelling has gone down. Maybe I can just keep this splint off now." I know you must see what is coming here. Pain.
FYI: Lillie is VERY strongwilled. It was during one of these strongwill flareups that it happened. I grabbed Lillie & in the process hit my unprotected finger either on her shoulder or on the arm of the couch. It doesn't matter what I hit, the result was the same. Intense, tear provoking pain. I instantly let go of Lillie & crumbled onto the couch. After catching my breath I slowly, ever so gently, put the splint back on my now pulsating, freshly bleeding finger.
Next was bathtime. Now, even though my finger was still throbing from my earlier stupidity here was my thought process: "I don't want my splint to get all wet & gross. Surely it'll be fine while I give the girls a bath." I know you must see what is coming here. Pain.
FYI: Keeley is a whimp. She had a bug bite on her leg that she had scratched to the point that she "needed" a bandaid. When said bandaid got wet in the tub, she freaked. She did everything possible to keep her leg out of the water & bubbles. So, it was a little more challenging to bathe her than normal. Somehow, between Keeley's wiggling & squirming & swatting my hands away my now pulsating, freshly bleeding finger took on a few more licks. None were as intense as the earlier incident, but to an already throbing, increasingly swelling finger - it hurt.
It was a long evening, to say the least.

Here are Day 3 pictures:

The Splint that will be worn all day from now on.
Fresh bleeding at the original site of impact.
Continued discoloration.

2 comments:

Amy Marble said...

That just looks so sore! Looks like you might be sporting a new fingernail soon too... Hopefully it's going to be feeling better SOON! M

Melanie said...

That is awful (but I did giggle a little bit). You know, if you lived back in the day, I bet a medicine man would have made it bleed on purpose to "get the swelling down". So from now on, you should call yourself the Medicine Woman. Wait, that's pretty corny. Forget that idea. I hope it does feel better soon though!

Blog Archive

I Believe in Christ

As I reflect on all that I have been blessed with I am overwhelmed with gratitude & love for the Lord. I have been blessed with a wonderful family. Two girls who are full of love & life. A husband who works so hard to support our family, & still finds the energy to be a fantastic father. A comfortable home with all the necessities of life. I have been blessed to have been born in the USA where I have so many freedoms, including the freedom to worship as I choose. I have been blessed with goodly parents who love the Lord & have always been a steadfast example of faith & following Jesus Christ's example. I have been blessed to know that I am a child of God & can return to live with him someday if I but follow Christ's example & keep the covenants I have made with my Father in Heaven. I know that Jesus Christ came to the earth & was the perfect example of how we should live our lives in order to become more like our Heavenly Father. I know that God loves me, & all who walk the earth, so much that He allowed Christ to suffer for the sins of the world so that we can all repent (as often as is needed) & be cleansed of our sins. I know that Christ died on the cross & was resurrected so that all mankind may be resurrected as well.
I know that the Lord loves us so much that he restored the fullness of his gospel to the earth through a prophet named Joseph Smith. I know that the Lord has given us the Book of Mormon as another testament of Christ or another witness of Christ in addition to the Bible. I have read the Book of Mormon & have prayed to know of the truthfulness of it. I received this confirmation via the Holy Spirit. I know that it is true. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet. I know that the Lord wants to communicate with us & that He does so through a living prophet, Thomas S. Monson.
I know that our God is a loving God & that as our Heavenly Father he wants us to be eternally happy by allowing families to be together forever - not just here on the earth. Isn't that wonderful! He has made this possible through the sacred sealing ordinance. I have been blessed to have been sealed, married, to my eternal companion for time & all eternity, not just until death do us part. What a comfort this is to me! I can have my family with me forever if we obey the Lord's commandments & do His will! What could make heaven better than being with your family?I am so thankful for my knowledge of all of these things. I believe in Christ; I know that my redeemer lives; and I know that I am a child of God & that He loves me.