Miller Mania by definition:

My blog's name I thought was very appropriote for my life. Here's the definition for "mania":
1. "excitement manifested by mental and physical hyperactivity, disorganization of behavior, and elevation of mood"
2. "excessive or unreasonable enthusiasm"
Sounds about right, huh?

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Trip to El Dorado (WARNING: This could be long!)

Yesterday morning Carrie called me & said "I'm going to El Dorado to visit Dad. Do you want to come with me?" Long story short, I finally decided to go.
So Carrie came over around 11, but I was still packing & gathering stuff. After a lot of running around & loading the car & "oops I forgot..." we finally got going around 12:30. We should have known by the very beginning that things might not go as smoothly as one would like. When we were getting on the interstate Carrie went the wrong way! We needed to go south & she went north, like she was going home. It was funny.
The kids were fed & we were hoping that they'd fall asleep, but no such luck. Keeley slept for an hour maybe. Right off the bat, I got car sick. Not puking but a yucky tummy. It was from all the turning around & climbing around that I was doing getting the kids settled with their lunches (good ole McDonnalds) & then again when they were done taking their food back from them. Sheesh. We decided to stop in Russellville for a potty break. That went fine. The kids went potty & we changed the other two's diapers, then it was back on the road. The kids played fairly well I must say.
Then it went bad. "Mama, my tummy hurts." You guessed it. Keeley got car sick & I am referring to the pukey kind this time. YUCK! Poor baby, we didn't get the bucket to her in time & she got it all over her & her car seat. Then Lincoln was yelling at her to stop puking, which made Keeley upset because she didn't mean to puke everywhere. If it weren't so sad it would be funny! (I actually think we were laughing up front.) Obviously we pulled off the interstate & stopped at a little gas station. Of course they didn't have any hose outside or anything so I was left to clean out the bucket in the bathroom & just use wet wipes to clean up poor Keeley & the car seat. After I got Keeley cleaned up & changed her clothes I went inside to clean out the bucket & buy some pepto & peppermints for my tummy. When I came back outside Carrie was standing there with a truck full of men & jumper cables!! WHAT?!?! I hurried & snapped a quick picture because they were about finished by the time I got out there. Made me laugh. Boy don't we have great luck?!
Back on the road, Keeley kept saying "I'm not puking ever, ever again!" It was really cute. I drove from that point since Carrie was apprehensive about driving through Little Rock. That actually helped with my own car sick tummy. We got through Little Rock with no problems, but once we were a little south of Sheridan Keeley puked again. This time though we were ready. We had given her the bucket to keep & she did very well with throwing up in it. This time it only took about a 5 or 10 minute stop to get that cleaned up. We FINALLY got to Dad's house at about 6:45. YEA! The only problem was that Dad wasn't there yet! He was at the store getting food for dinner & was on his way. Problem this time? We all had to go potty! I had a very large drink & it was ready to exit! Fortunately Dad got there just as we found the spare key so we didn't have to break in.
After dinner we spent our time trying to keep the kids from destroying all the new "toys" they found at Papa's house. Then we watched some Olympics & I must admit, I couldn't even stay awake to watch all of it. So sad. My tummy was still bothering me & I was tired so we headed to bed. Keeley was supposed to "camp out" on the floor in her sleeping bag; however, she didn't want to do that so she ended up in bed with me. As a matter of fact, at one point I had both of them in bed with me until I convinced Lillie to get in her portacrib.
Finally, Sleep.
All loaded up & on our way!

Keeley napping.
Me cleaning up Keeley's carseat after the pukefest.
Carrie & the kind men who jumped our ride!
Dinner with Grandpa.

6 comments:

Jess said...

Priceless!! You girls are brave souls to take a trip with your 4 little ones. I feel so sad for Keely! I hope she isn't scarred for life. Puking is no fun. Have a fun trip and safe puke free drive back!

Amy Marble said...

What an adventure! Do you get to stay long? Have fun whatever you do and I hope you're drive back is better...

Tiffany said...

That was rough. Glad you made through it and enjoyed some time with your dad.

Amy said...

Wow Wee!! What a trip. I hope Keeley will grow out of that car sickness stuff. That is a bummer to get car sick every time you travel. I totally understand cleaning puke out of the car. It has to be one of the worst things in this life to have to do. I hope things go better on the way back. What sweet daughters you are to go visit while Aunt Peggy is gone.

Amy

The Meredith's said...

Aren't spur of the moment adventures fun!!!! Memories my dear!

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness! What an adventure! Poor Keeley!

I like your new blog look!

Blog Archive

I Believe in Christ

As I reflect on all that I have been blessed with I am overwhelmed with gratitude & love for the Lord. I have been blessed with a wonderful family. Two girls who are full of love & life. A husband who works so hard to support our family, & still finds the energy to be a fantastic father. A comfortable home with all the necessities of life. I have been blessed to have been born in the USA where I have so many freedoms, including the freedom to worship as I choose. I have been blessed with goodly parents who love the Lord & have always been a steadfast example of faith & following Jesus Christ's example. I have been blessed to know that I am a child of God & can return to live with him someday if I but follow Christ's example & keep the covenants I have made with my Father in Heaven. I know that Jesus Christ came to the earth & was the perfect example of how we should live our lives in order to become more like our Heavenly Father. I know that God loves me, & all who walk the earth, so much that He allowed Christ to suffer for the sins of the world so that we can all repent (as often as is needed) & be cleansed of our sins. I know that Christ died on the cross & was resurrected so that all mankind may be resurrected as well.
I know that the Lord loves us so much that he restored the fullness of his gospel to the earth through a prophet named Joseph Smith. I know that the Lord has given us the Book of Mormon as another testament of Christ or another witness of Christ in addition to the Bible. I have read the Book of Mormon & have prayed to know of the truthfulness of it. I received this confirmation via the Holy Spirit. I know that it is true. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet. I know that the Lord wants to communicate with us & that He does so through a living prophet, Thomas S. Monson.
I know that our God is a loving God & that as our Heavenly Father he wants us to be eternally happy by allowing families to be together forever - not just here on the earth. Isn't that wonderful! He has made this possible through the sacred sealing ordinance. I have been blessed to have been sealed, married, to my eternal companion for time & all eternity, not just until death do us part. What a comfort this is to me! I can have my family with me forever if we obey the Lord's commandments & do His will! What could make heaven better than being with your family?I am so thankful for my knowledge of all of these things. I believe in Christ; I know that my redeemer lives; and I know that I am a child of God & that He loves me.