Miller Mania by definition:

My blog's name I thought was very appropriote for my life. Here's the definition for "mania":
1. "excitement manifested by mental and physical hyperactivity, disorganization of behavior, and elevation of mood"
2. "excessive or unreasonable enthusiasm"
Sounds about right, huh?

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Frisco Festival (LOTS of pics)

This morning we met Carrie & her family in downtown Rogers for the Annual Frisco Festival. This is the first time I've been in YEARS - like since high school.
They had a "Kid's Connection" where there were some bounce house things & some little kiddy carnival rides. The kids had a blast! This is the first time Lillie has ever been on anything like that & she seemed to really enjoy it.
From there we walked down the street & let the kids play on the old train caboose. At this point it started raining a little. Fortunately we were prepared with umbrellas, but it really wasn't that bad & it only lasted for a little bit. Then the sun came out & it got warm!
Then we walked over to the stage & watched a puppet show. It was full of music & the kids liked that.
After watching a few acts from the puppet show the kids were getting restless & we decided that it was time for lunch. We bought some chicken & sat on the curb to eat & rest.
Once we finished eating we wandered around & looked at the booths. One had a thing that you spin the wheel & get a prize depending on what the wheel lands on. Paul, Lillie, & I all got a bag. Carrie, Levi, Lincoln, & Keeley all got a tape measurer. That worked out well since the kids had fun pulling the tape out & playing with those. I did trade one of our bags for a tape measurer for Lillie.
Next we decided it was time for desert so we bought a giant funnel cake. All 4 of us ate it & it was yummy. You really just need one of those a year to meet that craving.
Down another street were more rides! I stood on the Merry Go Round with the girls, which they both loved. Keeley has been on one before but she was pretty young, so it was exciting for her too. Lillie kept saying "We winning! We winning!" and "WEEEEE!!" and "Up, down, up, down." It was pretty funny. Then Paul took the girls on a little roller coaster. He sat with Lillie & Keeley & Lincoln sat together. I think it scared Lillie at first (you know how rocky & jerky those things can be) but she started saying "We winning" again so I think she had fun. Keeley & Lincoln had great big smiles on their faces so I know they had fun too.
From there Carrie & Levi had to go, but we stayed & walked around a little bit more. We saw the Fireman's Muster (well, we saw it but didn't stay to watch it; we just pointed out the firemen & trucks to the girls), looked at more booths, bought some kettle corn, & headed home.
I'm really glad that we decided to go to the Festival. Great affordable family fun! (All the rides were free! We only spent money on the food!) We'll hopefully make going to the festival a family tradition!

Lillie & Louisa at the beginning of the day.

Lincoln & Keeley bouncing away!

Lillie in the bounce house.

Keeley & Lincoln on a ride.

Guess who?! (My kids were too scared to have their picture taken with him.)

A view of one of the streets.

Keeley on the old caboose.

Puppet show.

Me & Lillie waiting our turn to Spin to Win!

Lillie spinning the wheel.

Lunch time!

Look at that grin on Keeley's face!!

Paul & Lillie (and Carrie & Louisa) on the dragon roller coaster.

Keeley & Lincoln on the roller coaster.

Keeley got to pet some tiny ponies too!

The end of a fun day!

7 comments:

The Meredith's said...

What a fun day! Looks like you guys had a great time! We didn't go this year because Dusty was on duty today and I decided I didn't want to take both kids by myself! Maybe next year!

Jess said...

Looks like you had a fun day! We loved it. Definately a new tradition for us!

The Lowden Family's Blog said...

Looks like you guys had fun!! We went shopping instead!!

Tiffany said...

Too much fun!

Amy Marble said...

What a fun day and even better that all of the rides were FREE!! You can't beat it. You're girls sure look cute and look like they had a blast!

Anonymous said...

aww the pictures are cute! ;)
It was great seeing you today, we really should see each other on more happy occasions, but it was nice just the same!

Erin B.

Marium said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I'm glad we have fun stuff like this that is free around here! I love that first picture of the girls it's too cute.

Blog Archive

I Believe in Christ

As I reflect on all that I have been blessed with I am overwhelmed with gratitude & love for the Lord. I have been blessed with a wonderful family. Two girls who are full of love & life. A husband who works so hard to support our family, & still finds the energy to be a fantastic father. A comfortable home with all the necessities of life. I have been blessed to have been born in the USA where I have so many freedoms, including the freedom to worship as I choose. I have been blessed with goodly parents who love the Lord & have always been a steadfast example of faith & following Jesus Christ's example. I have been blessed to know that I am a child of God & can return to live with him someday if I but follow Christ's example & keep the covenants I have made with my Father in Heaven. I know that Jesus Christ came to the earth & was the perfect example of how we should live our lives in order to become more like our Heavenly Father. I know that God loves me, & all who walk the earth, so much that He allowed Christ to suffer for the sins of the world so that we can all repent (as often as is needed) & be cleansed of our sins. I know that Christ died on the cross & was resurrected so that all mankind may be resurrected as well.
I know that the Lord loves us so much that he restored the fullness of his gospel to the earth through a prophet named Joseph Smith. I know that the Lord has given us the Book of Mormon as another testament of Christ or another witness of Christ in addition to the Bible. I have read the Book of Mormon & have prayed to know of the truthfulness of it. I received this confirmation via the Holy Spirit. I know that it is true. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet. I know that the Lord wants to communicate with us & that He does so through a living prophet, Thomas S. Monson.
I know that our God is a loving God & that as our Heavenly Father he wants us to be eternally happy by allowing families to be together forever - not just here on the earth. Isn't that wonderful! He has made this possible through the sacred sealing ordinance. I have been blessed to have been sealed, married, to my eternal companion for time & all eternity, not just until death do us part. What a comfort this is to me! I can have my family with me forever if we obey the Lord's commandments & do His will! What could make heaven better than being with your family?I am so thankful for my knowledge of all of these things. I believe in Christ; I know that my redeemer lives; and I know that I am a child of God & that He loves me.