On Tuesday my friend Deanne came over & we made some. I got 5 & 1/2 quarts done that day. Then on Thursday Carrie came over & we did more applesauce (I only did 1 & 1/2 quarts but Carrie did like 4 or 5) & some fried apples. YUMM! I think we both got 2 & 1/2 quarts of fried apples.
This is so domestic that I can't believe that I did it! Who would have thought that I would be canning?! Not I! Anyway, I'm having fun with it & plan on doing more canning when mom comes in another week or so with more apples!


5 comments:
That's awesome! That's a skill that I have yet to obtain.
that is so AWESOME! Count me in next year. I love to can!
Way to be so domestic!! Freeman bought me a wheat grinder for my birthday next week. I guess I need to learn how to use our wheat and make some bread. I never in a million years thought I would have a wheat grinder, or make bread. Well, that making bread part still hasn't happened. When it finally does though, you can bet there will be a picture posted on the blog as proof! Anyway, your apples look great!
Well, wonders never cease!!! Just kidding!!! Mom, said you called her a lot last week. I'm glad they all turned out so well and you learned a new skill. I have been canning like crazy. Mostly tomatos and mom and I did lots of apples a few weeks ago. Some one at church was giving away pears so I grabbed a bag full of those and now will have to can those into something. It will all taste good in the food storage if we have to eat it someday.
Amy
Wow!!! You go girl!!!I have always wanted to learn how to can! Maybe you can teach me!
Post a Comment