I don't get it. I really don't. Kids need lots of sleep but don't want to take naps. They don't want to miss out on all the fun. (What exactly that fun is I'm not quite sure yet.) You fight them to get them to their beds for nap time. You listen to them cry until exhaustion finally gets the best of them & they drift into blissful sleep. When they wake up they are happy & refreshed! Yea! Happy toddlers!
When we grow up & become adults and parents of toddlers, our deepest desire is to be able to take a nap. Do we ever get to fulfill that desire? Occasionally, but not nearly often enough. We go day to day not letting the hope of a nap fade in the ever-darkening world of exhaustion. We long for moments when we can close our eyes, even for just a few minutes, while sitting on the couch & the kids are watching Backyardigans. But the kids know when you reach that beautiful destination of dream land. Then they wake you up! You're not supposed to be asleep! How dare you! You might miss out on all the fun!
Well, Here's to hoping.


4 comments:
Amen Cuz!!! Nice to see you've joined me in blogger land.. Isn't it fun!!
Amy
Love the site! :) Nice job with the vocab too!
Erin B.
No kidding, man I would love to take a nap once and a while. Never happens just when I get settled enough to try they wake up. Glad you joined blog land too!
Perfect timing on this entry - as Jackson comes in at 6:30 a.m. to inform me "it morning time - get up mom!" Why is it on the days that you can sleep in the kids are up bright and early and then they want to sleep forever on the days your in a hurry! Kids - gotta love them! Have a great weekend!
Amy
Post a Comment